- John Worsley 52412 (GDC )
- Debbie Chamley 68416 (GDC)
Thank you for your support
I would like to thank you for your support while the practice has been closed. It has meant so much to me and the team. We miss you and all of the patients who make our days at work so fun.
Limited number of patients in the practice
As part of our measures to protect your health, we have to limit the number of people who can be in the practice at one time. This is similar to what you have already seen in the shops that have remained open. To help manage this and prevent delays to your appointment, please be sure to arrive as close to your appointment time as possible and follow all instructions provided by our staff.
Limited number of appointments
We’re keen to start seeing as many patients as possible. However, please be aware that, due to the restrictions required to protect your health, we cannot provide as many appointments in one day as we are used to. Unfortunately we have no choice but to see patients at a slower pace and you might have to wait a little longer for your appointment.
Limited treatment range
Please be aware that, as part of our safeguards against Coronavirus, we have also had to limit the range of treatments we can provide. If your care is affected by these treatment limits our team will contact you to discuss your options.
Please be sure that you continue to observe the same precautions as you have in last months. If you are experiencing possible symptoms of Coronavirus, such as a new or continuous cough, a high temperature, or a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell, do not attend your appointment.
When booking an appointment at the practice you will be asked to provide us with an email address so the relevant documents can be emailed over to you before attending. If you do not have an email address this can be sent by post, but this will delay your appointment further.
What we will ask our patients:
1) Please arrive at the allotted and agreed time. If early, please wait outside until your appointment time. If arriving late please telephone to make sure that we are still able to see you. Patients will only be allowed in the practice if they have an appointment.
2) Appointments will be spaced out to avoid patients crossing over and give us the opportunity to thoroughly disinfect the premises.
3) Any invoices that arise from the appointment will be required on the day of your appointment and card payments are preferred.
4) Once in the premises please try to avoid touching anything. Minimising touch points makes the environment safer for everyone.
5) With the exception of children and patients in need of support or supervision, patients should come alone.
6) At the door you will be given hand sanitiser to thoroughly clean your hands, a plastic bag and a face mask which you will be required to put on and keep on until instructed to remove by your dentist. You will also have your temperature taken with a radar thermometer. If your temperature is above 37.5oc you will be asked to remake your appointment.
7) Staff will avoid shaking hands.
8) Please adhere to social distancing measures- at least 2 meter must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice.
9) Please do not cough or sneeze. If for some reason you need to cough, or sneeze, warn the dental team immediately or put your mouth into your sleeve if a warning is not possible.
10) Follow the instructions of the member of staff sets out and please indicate if you do not understand anything.
11) When leaving please refrain from touching anything and when reaching the exit please sanitise your hands again and exit.
12) If you develop symptoms within 14 days of the appointment, we ask you to ring the practice and let us know.
13) Please ensure you use toilet facilities before you arrive at the practice as these will not be in use.
We realise that this all may seem rather extreme but to ensure everybody’s safety we must comply with the guidelines that have been set by the professional bodies that govern us.
During this time, we will not be accepting any new patients and will only see patients that have registered and had a full consultation carried out in the past.
Please call if you have any questions.
JM Worsley Dental Practice offers affordable Private Dentistry, that caters for everyones needs. Whether you require a routine dental appointment, or Cosmetic Dentistry, we're the practice for you.
Private dentistry doesn't have to break the bank with the competitive prices we offer. Dental Treatment is offered on a pay as you go basis, which is itemised on tailored treatment plans.
Once dentally fit you will have the option to join Denplan (our private dental plan). You'll be covered for the cost of routine appointments as well as covering you for the unexpected. If you’d rather continue to pay as you go this option is still available.